Paediatric dentistry is the branch of dentistry dealing with children from birth through adolescence. Therefore, Paedodontics is a branch of dentistry that deals with children’s teeth. The treatment areas differ according to the age of patient:
For infants and toddlers, the main focus is:
- Preventative home care, including brushing, flossing, and fluoride exposure
- Caries risk assessment
- Pacifier habits
- Development of the primary teeth
For older children and adolescents, the goals of paediatric dentistry are to:
- Ensure the proper growth and development of children’s permanent teeth
- Monitor the development of the dentition and the jaws to detect possible problems and prescribe the correct treatment early on
- Help prevent or treat crooked and crowded teeth, which increases the child’s risk of tooth decay and other oral hygiene problems
- Educate parents and children on proper teeth cleaning
- Treat existing problems early while they are still minor
In the course of Paedodontics treatment, the dentist may need to perform several procedures, including:
- Fillings– This involves the removal of any decayed or damaged part of a tooth. The resulting hole is then filled with metal, plastic, or other filling materials. The procedure prevents the decay from getting worse and spreading deeper into the tooth.
- Extractions– Tooth extractions are performed in cases of severely damaged or infected tooth or when a child’s teeth are overcrowded.
- Dental crowns– Young children may also require dental crowns to restore badly damaged teeth. The procedure is performed by first removing caries or cavities and reducing the size of the tooth to accommodate the crown.
- Root canals– Root canals are usually performed as a treatment for decayed, infected teeth, as well as for injuries that result in tooth loss.
- Dental x-rays– Taking dental x-rays is a common part of a routine dental exam. The x-rays allow dentists to detect bone damage, tooth decay, impacted teeth, and dental injuries, among many other potential problems that may not be readily visible.
- Sealants– Once children start getting their molars, dentists may recommend the use of sealants to protect the surface of the teeth from wear and tear.
Q.) Why you should buy Paedodontics material and products from dentalstall.com?
These treatments require a variety of products and materials. Dental practitioners can easily get these at their doorstep by ordering them online atdentalstall.com.
We offer a wide range of Dental Composites, Dental Cements, Bond Etchants, Paedodontics Burs Caries Removal, Finishing & Polishing, Stainless Steel Crowns, Dental MTA and Many More. Many other products include rubber dam clamps, rubber dam kit, dental dam, 3m Espe Relyx Veneer Cement, GDC extraction forceps pedo, ivoclar tetric N-ceram fill, ammedent canalarge, septodent biodentine, 3m espe adper single bond 2, SDI conceal F pit, fissure sealant, P & R repair kit, ivoclar te econom flow, modelling wax sheets, prevest hemostal gel, Sodium fluoride, Stannous fluoride, Calcium carbonate, Sodium meta phosphate, Di- calcium phosphate, Strontium chloride, Zinc chloride. Inhalants- Oxygen, Carbon dioxide, Nitrous oxide, ammedent flurosolve, etc.