A Spoon Excavator has a spoon-shaped working end used to spoon out dental caries from the prepared cavity.
The edges of the working end are sharp.
- Spoon Excavator is a restorative instrument it is used to detach debris and decay from cavity preparations.
- Used to scrub out a procedural cavity to prepare it for filling.
- Can be used in different tooth surfaces and in different parts of the oral cavity.
- For Caries Excavation
- To Remove Temporary Fillings
- For Carving Amalgam or Direct Wax Pattern
- Scoop out/excavate soft dentin