Charisma Smart is a light curing, radio-opaque submicron-hybrid composite (Microglass®). It is indicated for adhesively bonded, tooth coloured restorations. It is suitable for anterior and posterior applications.
Dental Materials are not made of Bisphenol-A
- Direct restoration of Class I – V cavities (according to G.V. Black)
- Shape corrections of teeth (i.e. diastemas, congenital defects in teeth, etc.)
- Splinting of teeth loosened by trauma or periodontal disease
- Restoration of primary teeth
- Repairs of porcelain, composite (in combination with an adequate repair-system)
Charisma Smart is based on a BIS-GMA matrix and contains approximately 59% filler by volume with a particle size of 0.005 – 10 μm: Barium Aluminum Fluoride glass, highly dispersive silicon dioxide
LED curing light Kulzer Translux® light curing unit or any other blue-light unit (wavelength maximum at 460 – 470 nm; light output of 1550 – 550 mW/cm²)
CHARISMA SMART SHADES: RECOMMENDED CURING TIME AND MAXIMUM LAYER THICKNESS FOR TRANSLUX®
|Universal: A1, A2, A3, A3.5, B1, B2||20s||2mm|
- The light curing times mentioned above are the minimum times recommended and should not be reduced in order to achieve optimal restoration quality and physical properties of the material.
- When building up large restorations or those, which require lengthy time to complete the overhead operating lightshould temporarily be turned off or aimed away from the working area in order to prevent premature curing of the composite.
- To avoid waste after the material hasbeen applied from the syringe, relieve, the internal pressure by unscrewing the plunger a quarter turn.
- Close the cap of the syringe after every use.
Keep out of direct sunlight. Do not store above 25°C (77°F). Do not use the material after the expiration date. Please quote batch number and expiry date in all correspondence about the product.
- Application to dentine close to the pulp (less than 1 mm)
- Do not use in cases of a known allergy to any of the constituents of Charisma Smart
- The use of this product is contraindicated in case of known or suspected allergies against (meth)acrylate compounds
This product or one of its components may in particular cases cause hypersensitive reactions. If suspected, information on the ingredients can be obtained from the manufacturer
1.Avoid contact with skin. Wear suitable protective gloves. In case of contact with skin, immediately wash with plenty of water and soap. May cause sensitisation by skin contact.
2.Avoid contact with eyes. Immediately and thoroughly rinse with plenty of water in case of contact with eyes and contact an ophthalmologist.
3.In the case of deep cavity preparations in close proximity to the pulp or a direct pulpal exposure, cover the dentine or the exposure locally with a calcium hydroxide liner covered with a glass ionomer cement before applying the adhesive.
- Do not use eugenol, thymol or phenol containing materials in or around the cavity preparation being restored, because these may interfere with the proper curing of Charisma Smart. • Use adequate protection for syringes to prevent from any contamination. Do not reuse after contamination.
4. Composites should only be used when having reached room temperature.
Benefit from its colour-stabilizing technology and easy polishability:
- These features prevent staining of composite restorations in the long run and thus ensure natural results with little effort. On top, they bring convincing ease to your workflow.
Comfortable with its easy handling characteristics and vital shades:
- The composite facilitates simple single-shade layering techniques for natural everyday restorations with great value. Its excellent handling and modelling properties arise from our long-standing experience in composite technology. In short, Charisma Smart provides the smart way towards natural everyday restorations.
Directions To Use
DIRECTIONS TO USE:
Select an appropriate shade or shade combination prior to placing the rubber dam.
The surface should be cleaned with pumice or a fluoride free polishing paste before restoration is placed. A non-sticking plastic, Teflon coated or gold plated placement instrument (such as the Kulzer Plasmacoat Instrument) is recommended for use in clinically placing, sculpting and shaping the material.
Step 1.Use rubber dam (e.g. Ivory®) or similar protection to prevent from contamination by moisture, blood and saliva.
Step 2. Prepare the cavity according to generally accepted rules for the clinical composite application. Then clean and dry the cavity
Step 3. Pretreatment of the tooth structure with an adequate enamel/dentine adhesive is mandatory (e.g. GLUMA® Bondings by Kulzer). Make sure that no excess remains in the corners of the cavity. Once treated with the adhesive avoid contamination with saliva or blood. The use of a flowable composite material (e.g. Charisma® flowables) allows the creation of a smooth cavity floor and facilitates the adaptation of the filling material.
Step 4. Apply Charisma Smart restorative material in thin layers (max. 2 mm) and adapt carefully to the tooth surface or cavity walls. (In case of severe discoloration of the underlying tooth or surface being restored it may be necessary to mask this by using a thin layer of the Charisma Smart opaque shade “Dentine” first)
Step 5. Polymerise Charisma Smart in thin layers (max. 2 mm)
LED curing light such as the Kulzer Translux® light curing unit or any other blue-light unit (wavelength maximum at 460 – 470 nm; light output of 1550 – 550 mW/cm²). Note-During polymerisation, an inhibited-layer forms on the surface which should not be touched, contaminated or removed during the build-up phase of the restoration. It serves as chemical connection for any subsequent composite layers that are added.
Step 6. Finishing and polishing.
For gross finishing use diamond burs. Fine finishing and shaping is best accomplished with fine-grained diamond stones and multifluted carbide burs. Proximal surfaces may be finished with abrasive strips. A high final polish can be achieved with flexible silicone rubber polishing points, cups, discs or similar. Common composite polishing pastes can be applied with polishing brushes and small buffing wheels if desired.