General dentistry is a profession practiced by primary dental care provider. This dentist diagnoses, treats, and manages your overall oral health care needs, including gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, and preventive education. They perform treatments like dental fillings, dental crown repair, tooth extractions, dental implants, braces installation, etc. To perform various treatments various dental materials are required by dentists.
Dental materials- Dental products are specially fabricated materials, designed for use in dentistry. There are many different types of dental products, and their characteristics vary according to their intended purpose. Some dental restorative materials are:
- Temporary dressings
- Dental cements
- Dental impression materials
- Dental lining materials
- Dental restorative materials
- Acrylic polymers
Now comes the need to buy these products and materials. While there are many sources in the market, it is much easier for dentists to get the required products at their door-step by ordering from dentalstall.com. Dentalstall.com is a go-to website where dentists can go to and buy products for their patients conveniently. We offer a platform where you can buy dental materials, products, equipment, and services from all the best renowned brands very easily. Some of the products you might come through while exploring aour website are 3M Espe Composite Syringe Organiser, Woodpecker UDS-P Ultrasonic Scaler ( With 5 periodontal Tips and 1 Endodontic Tip), GDC Conservative Kit Economy Instruments Set Of 19 In Pouch, Dentsply Sirona RVG Sensor XIOS XG Select Kit, Septodont Calypso Mouthwash Liquid, Prevest Denrpo 24 Carat Bleaching Kits & Refills, Waldent Dental Lead Apron & Thyroid Shield Collar . Quality is something we do not compromise with. You can trust us with 100% authentic products with best quality. Besides, we have free delivery on all orders above Rs.3000 with easy return policy on all products. With a family of general and professional practitioners, we make sure to provide you a compelling online shopping experience.
Dental treatments and their procedures
People visit dentists for a variety of reasons. While going to a dentist might sound scary, the reality is entirely different. Being handled by a professional and trusted dentist can make your experience least painful. Some of the common dental treatments are:
- Dental cleanings- This is by far the most common reason people visit the dentist. Many dentists recommend a cleaning every six months, and some recommend once a year. Either way, it’s a very important part of oral health. Your own toothbrush will never be as efficient as the tools a dentist uses to clean your teeth. You have to go an extra mile for your sparkly diamonds. This is more of a grooming session than a treatment.
- Dental bleaching- Whitening is a relatively discomfort-less process. Some people are sensitive to the whitening agents used, but otherwise it’s an easy procedure that most dental offices can do. bleaching is quicker and safer because it is performed by professionals. Most often, dentists use a special hydrogen peroxide gel and a special light source to whiten faster.
TEETH WHITENING PRODUCTS- The public has come to demand whiter, more perfect smiles and in response many choices for tooth whitening have been made available. These include home-based products such as toothpastes, gels, and films, as well as in-office based systems where products containing highly concentrated bleaching agents are applied under professional supervision.
The active ingredient in most whitening products is hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) which is delivered as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Carbamide peroxide is a stable complex that breaks down in contact with water to release hydrogen peroxide. Because carbamide peroxide releases hydrogen peroxides the chemistry of most tooth whitening is that of hydrogen peroxide. Bleaching of the metallic compounds is much more difficult; better esthetic options may be veneers, bonding, or crowns. There are some professional products that contain sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) which reacts with the double bonds of the chromogen in much the same way as peroxide.
There are many OTC for this purpose like- whitening toothpaste, whitening gel strips, whitening rinses, tray based tooth whiteners, etc.
- Extractions- the sound of your teeth being pulled is scary and may even zone you out. But on the contrary, tis treatment is not as painful as it sounds. Thanks to the numbing injection given prior to the treatment. You won’t feel a thing throughout the treatment because the inside of your mouth is numb!
- Dental fillings- Cavities are all too common and all too easy to get. For most cavities, a filling is the recommended answer. Acids in food and inside your body can easily break down tooth enamel if overexposed. Luckily, filling most cavities is a quick procedure. You’ll likely be numbed, which can last for a few hours after the filling is over. It usually takes about an hour to finish up, and then it’s good as new! You might feel pressure while they’re working, but it shouldn’t be painful.
- Root canal- A heavy word!! This can make you imagine drills and x-ray machines inside a clinic and screams of patients but it is not like that. A root canal means the tissue inside or under your tooth is infected and inflamed. To get rid of the pain, the dentist needs to deaden the nerve and remove the tissue. Sometimes you may need to take an antibiotic before the procedure. The good thing is that you’ll be numbed before it happens, so you won’t feel any pain, just pressure. Once the procedure is over – and it can take a few hours – you’ll be numb for a while, but hopefully pain free since the infection will be gone.
- Braces- Classic braces use metal and other materials to slowly tighten teeth back into place. Invisalign is less visible and slower acting, but still a very effective method to achieve the same goal. The procedure to have them put on can leave a little ache, but nothing too extreme.