- Waldent Max Piezo 3+ Ultrasonic Scaler Dental ultrasonic scaler is a Piezoelectric scaler. Ultrasonic scalers are used to remove calculus rapidly from the tooth surface. The scaling tip vibrates in the ultrasonic range of 20-45 kHz (i.e. 20,000 to 45,000 times per second), with an optimum frequency between 18 kHz and 32kHz.*Compact unit housing for easy placement anywhere in the operatory* Extremely gentle on patient, causes little or no sensitivity* No heat build up in handpiece tip with extended use* Autoclavable handpiece* Extensive power range to allow widest choice of clinical applications
* Fine water spray eliminates excessive overspray onto patient
1) Removal of supragingival calculus & tencious stains
2) Subgingival debridement –
– Removal of calculus, attached biofilm & endotoxins from root surface
– Removal of unattached biofilm from sulcular surface
– In patients with ANUG condition
– Prior Oral Surgery procedure
– To remove Orthodontic cement – debonding
– To remove Overhanging Restorations
- Model : MaxPiezo 3+
- Power Input: ~220V 50Hz/~115V 60Hz
- Main unit input: 24V 50kHz 1.3A
- Frequency: 28kHz± 30kHz
- Water pressure: 0.1bar~5bar(0.01MPa~0.5MPa)
- Package size: 375mm*305mm*120mm
- Gross Weight: 2.4Kg
1) Scaler unit
EMS Ultrasonic scaler
Detachable handpiece with LED Light
Automatic adjustment to deliver optimal frequency at tip
Encapsulation Technology makes the handpiece and long lasting
Ergonomic dial to select the desired frequency
Excellent Quality Scaler Unit with best design
Available in Vibrant Green Color
1 Complete Ultrasonic Scaler includes:
- 1 x Ultrasonic Scaler Unit
- 1 x Scaler Handpiece
- Instruction Manual
- 2 x G1 Scaler Tip
- 1 x G2 Scaler Tip
- 1 x G4 Scaler Tip
- 1 x P1 Scaler Tip
- Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 1 year as applicable for this product.
- Service and Warranty are handled by the manufacturer/importer directly for this product
- The Buyer acknowledges that the Products once sold will not be exchanged or taken back unless the seal of the package or the Product is intact or not altered in any manner or is not tampered as the case may be.
Q. DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SONIC & ULTRASONIC SCALER?
A. SONIC IS A LOW POWER DEVICE THAT REMOVES PLAQUE & FRESH CALCULUS. ULTRASONIC IS A HIGH FREQUENCY DEVICE THAT REMOVES TARTAR AND HARD CALCULUS. ULTRASONIC TIPS ALSO CREATE CAVITATION BUBBLES IN THE FLUID THAT HELPS IN WEAKENING OF THE TOUGH STRUCTURES.
Q. WHERE THE MAXPIEZO3+ SCALER CAN BE USED?
A. MAXPIEZO3+ ULTRASONIC SCALER CAN BE USED FOR SCALING, PERIODONTICS, ENDODONTICS, AND FOR PRESERVATION AND RESTORATION DENTISTRY, INCLUDING PROSTHESIS.
Q. IS THE HANDPIECE DETACHABLE? IF YES, HOW TO REMOVE THE HANDPIECE FROM THE TUBING?
A. YES, THE HANDPIECE IS DETACHABLE FOR CLEANING AND DISINFECTION PURPOSE. THE HANDPIECE SHOULD BE PULLED STRAIGHT AWAY FROM THE TUBING. DO NOT TWIST/ROTATE THE HANDPIECE OTHERWISE IT MAY DAMAGE THE HANDPIECE CONNECTOR.
Q. HOW TO MAINTAIN/STERILIZE THE HANDPIECE?
A. AFTER EACH USE, THE HANDPIECE SHOULD BE WIPED WITH DISINFECTING WIPES. AT THE END OF THE DAY THE HANDPIECE SHOULD BE STORED SEPARATED FROM THE HANDPIECE TUBING. THERE IS ALSO AN O-RING, WHICH IS SMALLER, INSIDE THE BASE OF THE HANDPIECE. THIS O-RING ENSURES A TIGHT FIT WHERE WATER RUNS FROM TUBING THROUGH THE HANDPIECE. THE O-RINGS SHOULD BE CHANGED EVERY 2-3 MONTHS.
Q. WHAT PARTS SHOULD BE STERILIZED/AUTOCLAVABLE?
A. THE HANDPIECE, TIPS, WRENCH AND TIPS HOLDER ALL SHOULD BE AUTOCLAVE.
Q. HOW TO CHANGE (OR PLACE) THE TIP?
A. ORIENT THE SLOT IN THE WRENCH AROUND THE BASE OF THE TIP, PRESS THE WRENCH INTO PLACE, AND TURN THE TIP COUNTER-CLOCKWISE TO LOOSEN THE TIP. THE TIP SHOULD ALWAYS EITHER BE APPLIED ON THE HANDPIECE OR INSIDE THE WRENCH. FIRST, HAND TIGHTEN A TIP TO THE HANDPIECE. ALIGN THE HOLE TO THE FLAT SIDES OF THE TIP AND PRESS DOWN. THE WRENCH WILL LOCK INTO PLACE. NOW UNSCREW THE WRENCH AND THE TIP REMAINS INSIDE, HELPING PREVENT THE LOSS OF TIPS OR INJURING HANDS AND FINGERS. HAND TIGHTENING ONLY NEEDS TO BE DONE THE FIRST TIME USING THE DEVICE OR ACQUIRING NEW TIPS AND WRENCHES.
Q. Can medicament be used in place of water?
A. Yes in place of water medicament like saline etc. can be used in special cases like surgical curettage etc.
Q. What is the working frequency?
A. The MaxPiezo3+ scaler works with the frequency of 28KHZ-30KHZ.the frequency can be adjusted according to the need.
Q. What type of tips are compatible with the MaxPiezo3+ ultrasonic scaler?
A. Any tip can be used, which is EMS compatible.
Q. How much warranty does it have?
A. Manufacturer/Importer warranty of 1 Years as applicable on complete product & 5 Years Warranty on PCB (Power Circuit Board).
Q. Is it normal for water to continue to flow out of MaxPiezo3+ ultrasonic scaler for a short time even after the foot pedal is released?
A. Yes. This is normal operation.
Q. What is the minimum pressure of water to use the MaxPiezo3+ scaler?
A. The minimum water pressure should be 20cc/min flowing through the handpiece.
Q. Does the scaler have LED inbuilt?
A. Yes it has the inbuilt LED with detachable handpiece.
Q. What does the package consists of?
A. 1 Complete Ultrasonic Scaler includes:
1 x Ultrasonic Scaler Unit
1 x Scaler Handpiece
1 x Instruction Manual
1 x Scaler tip Holder (FREE)
2 x G1 Scaler Tips
1 x G2 Scaler Tips
1 x G4 Scaler Tip
1 x P1 Scaler Tip